Receptionists and switchboard staff are the public face and voice of an organisation. They are in most cases the first point of contact for important customers and suppliers. They also act as the interface between the different departments and personnel within an organisation. Front of house staff must carry out their duties to a consistently high standard. They have to be efficient, engaging and polite at all times and need to be able to deal with a wide variety of people and multitask often all at once.
Who is it for?
This is a half day course is designed to help, aid and support staff whose duties include being involved with front of house responsibilities, such as Receptionists, Switchboard staff, Security and Administration Support staff. This can include people who are new to reception duties, experienced staff who would like to refresh their skills, and those who provide cover on occasion.
Benefits of Attending
This course will help participants to:
- Recognise the benefits of excellent front-of-house service and how essential it is to the reputation and success of the organisation
- Establish the characteristics of front-of-house professionals and the importance of working as a team to project the right image at all times
- Identify any gaps between current service provision and World Class Front-of-House Service including future learning needs
- Create a personal action plan with measurable objectives for application back in the workplace.
The course is an enjoyable practical programme which engages with the delegates though, participation in workshops, presentation slides and videos ensuring that they will leave with enhanced skillsets.
- The importance of Front of House staff to the organisation
- Communications – The welcome process
- Service Standards – delivering a world class service
- Customer satisfaction – understanding who your customers are
- Managing visitor’s expectations
- Dealing with difficult situations
- Managing your time effectively
- Confidence – how to feel confident and act assertive
- Controlling the workspace through Risk Assessments
- Handling Security situations
Module one half day course 0900 – 1300 hours €195 plus vat. Participation is strictly limited to a maximum of 12 delegates per course.
All courses are now online. Online training includes:
- Live inline training
- Full audio and visual interaction with tutor and classmates
- Breakout group workshop sessions
- Chat box to relay written questions
- Videos and Powerpoint presentations
- Access to recorded classes
- Polls and quizzes
- Soft copy notes and additional reading material
- Full tutorial support throughout the course
Please contact email@example.com for details.