This is a course designed to cover the essential elements of Facilities Management and aid the Facilities Managers in their day to day operational delivery of services.
Who is it for?
Essentials of Facilities Management is a comprehensive course designed for those who are new to FM and also for those with operational experience in FM and who wish to broaden their skill sets. It is also suitable for office managers, property managers, accommodation managers as well as those who are responsible for the provision and delivery of facilities management services.
- Overview of Facilities Management – Definition of FM, The History of FM, The Important role of FM in the Business
- Energy and Sustainability – waste reduction, energy efficiencies, Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
- Customer Focus – service level agreements (SLA’s), managing expectations, team building
- Building Tour – An opportunity to visit & see behind the scenes of a building with a guided tour by a member of the FM team. Q&A discussion on completion
- Buildings and maintenance management – Planned maintenance, Asset Registers, statutory compliance
- Health & Safety – Safety audits, ergonomics, Legislation, Health & safety responsibilities
- Procurement & Sourcing of Service Contracts – service levels, tendering contracts, KPI’s
- Space Planning – move management, relocation planning, understanding building space
- Understanding facilities management within an organisation – how the culture, functions and processes of an organisation affect Facilities Management
- Understanding support services in an organisation – managing and monitoring the delivery of support services through service level agreements and within Health & Safety and Financial guidelines.
Course costs €995.
All courses for the above dates will take place at the Carlton Hotel, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15.